Whether or not you’re simply curious how your iPhone battery well being is holding up otherwise you’re having points with battery life or surprising shutdowns, it’s simple to test in iOS Settings. Beneath we’ll cowl find out how to see iPhone battery well being, recommendations on when it’s time to get a alternative, cost cycle expectations, and extra.
The iPhone 14 lineup arrived with the next price for out-of-warranty battery replacements of $99. Nevertheless, a change as of March 1, 2023 noticed Apple bump battery replacements for all of its older iPhone fashions by $20. That pushed iPhone 13 via iPhone X as much as $89 and iPhone SE, iPhone 8, and earlier to $69.
For those who improve your iPhone yearly or two, you hopefully shouldn’t have a difficulty with a degraded battery, until you find yourself with a faulty one.
However for individuals who have iPhones which might be two years outdated or older, low battery well being finally ends up being an inevitability in some unspecified time in the future on account of chemical aging together with what number of cost cycles they’ve gone via.
Find out how to see iPhone battery well being
- Open the Settings app in your iPhone
- Swipe down and faucet Battery
- Now select Battery Well being & Charging
- Your present battery capability is proven on the prime
When must you change an iPhone battery?
- TL;DR: When your battery has dropped beneath 80% of its authentic capability it’s possible you’ll need to take into account a alternative. Identical when you see a warning about your battery being degraded or if it received’t maintain a cost.
- Below the “Battery Well being & Charging” part proven above, it is best to see a warning in case your battery well being is degraded and if it’s inflicting points like surprising shutdowns and/or unable to maintain peak efficiency.
- Apple says iPhone batteries are “designed to retain as much as 80% of its authentic capability at 500 full cost cycles when working beneath regular situations.”
For those who’re within the US, replacements are coated beneath the one-year included guarantee or with AppleCare. Nevertheless, when you’re out of guarantee protection, Apple prices a $69-99 price for the iPhone battery alternative service.
When an iPhone battery drops beneath 80% of its authentic capability, a function known as “efficiency administration” could also be routinely utilized. This works to assist stop surprising shutdowns.
Nevertheless, it’s doable to show the efficiency throttling off. Appears for the small “Disable” button on the finish of the textual content beneath “Peak Efficiency Functionality.”
For those who see a message that claims battery well being degraded or unknown, head to an Apple Retailer, attain out to Apple Assist, or an Apple Approved Service Supplier if you wish to get a licensed Apple battery alternative.
You may learn extra specifics about iPhone battery and efficiency in Apple’s full support document. Thanks for studying our information on find out how to see iPhone battery well being!
Try extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
iPhone teardown wallpaper at prime via iFixit
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.